Widgetized Welcome Popup is a plugin for WordPress that allows you to add a highly customizable widgetized popup window to your blog or website. The popup window can be automatically raised when visitors come to your website. As an administrator you can decide how often to display it (every time, once per visit or once per number of days). Use the popup window for introducing yourself to new visitors, or for notification everyone about something important/interesting, or whatever. The main advantage is that it contains widget areas, where you can place any widgets available in your WordPress dashboard. The content can be edited using WYSIWYG-editor, and it is allowed to use any shortodes. You can fully customize popup window (window size, window and overlay colors, font scheme color, content, number of widget areas and other parameters). Widgetized Welcome Popup is a perfect way to extend functionality of your website.
- Highly customizable window: set window size, window and overlay colors, background image, font scheme color, overlay opacity, content, number of widget areas, autoclose time and even edit CSS.
- Responsive design: popup window looks nice on small screen devices.
- WYSIWYG editor: edit content with visual editor.
- Accept shortcodes: insert any shortcodes inside of popup box.
- Put any WordPress widgets: drag and drop any widgets available in WordPress dashboard.
- Up to 3 widget areas: put your widgets as tightly as you wish.
- Open on page load: display popup when page is opened.
- Auto open delay: popup window might be opened with delay.
- Auto close delay: popup window might be closed with delay.
- Open on click: display popup when users click particular link. Use one of this HTML-code to display popup on click event:
- Display modes: you can display popup either for all pages of website, or for particular pages.
- Remember visitors: the plugin remembers users to avoid repeated popups.
- Cookie lifetime settings: display popup window as often as you wish.
- Cookie reset option: do it, if you wish to notify everyone (new and returning visitors).
- Enable/disable close button: you can configure popup window to be a modal.
- Enable/disable popup for small screen devices: if popup window doesn’t fit screen size (too large), it won’t be displayed.
- Easy to install: install and activate the plugin as any other plugins.
- Translation ready: plugin might be translated to any language.
- Built using WordPress best practices: no any alerts from Plugin Check and WP_DEBUG.
Front End Functionality
The best way to understand the idea of Widgetized Welcome Popup is to see live example. Click “Live Preview” or visit this page. On demo website you will see popup.
- Install and activate the plugin. Once activated, it creates menu item “Welcome Popup” under menu section “Settings” in left side column in the admin area.
- Click left side menu “Settings >>> Welcome Popup” and do required settings. Set display mode, color, size, cookie lifetime, overlay color and opacity, autoclose time, number of widget areas and others. Please look at the screenshot to view what kind of settings you can do there.
- If you selected “Homepage and particular posts/pages” or “Particular posts/pages” display mode on settings page, then you can assign particular posts/pages to be covered by plugin functionality. Go to post/page editor and set checkbox “Welcome Popup” (view screenshot).
- If you set to display widgets in popup window, then go to Widgets page (“Appearance >>> Widgets”) and drag and drop desired widgets into Welcome Popup Area (look at screenshot).
That’s it! Enjoy using the plugin.
If you have problems regarding using the plugin, please contact me and I’ll help you.