[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
On this tutorial, I’ll display tips on how to preserve observe of every day bills, duties, on Slack. For this I’ll use Acebot which is a free Slack utility that permits you to preserve observe every day bills on Slack. It’s also possible to export your bills in CSV file format. Better part is which you can carry out all these duties with out leaving Slack.
Along with monitoring bills on Slack, this utility additionally helps you to create polls and create to-do lists.
Acebot is a Slack bot that helps you to to report your every day bills, create duties, and conduct polls as if you’re chatting with one other particular person and that particular person will preserve information of all these duties for you. Isn’t that wonderful! You simply need to kind in easy instructions and Acebot will maintain every thing else. It can information you as an teacher to carry out all of those duties. And better part is that you just don’t need to pay something to make use of it.
All instructions are case insensitive and are simply 1 or 2 phrases lengthy. So this makes them straightforward to make use of and bear in mind. You may combine this handy slackbot utilizing the the hyperlink on the finish of this text. After you could have built-in and licensed Acebot, it is going to seem in your Direct Messages record. You can begin managing your every day bills, duties record, and create polls by messaging easy instructions to Acebot. Hold studying to understand how you are able to do all these duties whereas interacting together with your crew members on the similar time.
The way to preserve observe of every day bills on Slack:
After you could have efficiently built-in Acebot to your Slack account, you possibly can replace your every day bills on Slack utilizing Acebot. You are able to do this by typing in exp and ship it as direct message to this Slack bot. After that Acebot will information you thru the method and your every day expense will likely be saved. You may report any variety of every day bills however you can not delete an expense later after including. It additionally provides you an choice to obtain your bills in CSV format.
Add an expense:
Ship exp as direct message to Acebot. It can then information you thru the method for including an expense. Acebot will ask you the following parameters so as to add your expense. I’ve listed all of the parameters in sequence as they will likely be requested by Acebot.
- Enter quantity spend with or with out $ signal.
- Add a class to your expense.
- Add a receipt of your expense. You may both add a picture file or a PDF file. In the event you do not need a receipt, then ship skip command to maneuver on to subsequent step for including expense.
- Add title of an individual with whom you met or ship skip command if you don’t meet somebody.
- Your expense will likely be efficiently saved.
It’s also possible to add an expense by a single sentence. You simply want to write down the sentence following this syntax:
“Quantity of expense” “for” “class” “Date” ( $15 for journey yesterday/”7/30/2016″)
You may separate completely different key phrases by white areas. By default, you possibly can enter following classes:
It’s also possible to export all bills logged by this Slack Expense Tracker in CSV file to carry out additional calculations in your bills. To obtain your bills from Acebot, you simply need to ship obtain command and it’ll present you a obtain hyperlink to obtain your CSV file. However sadly this feature didn’t work for me as I at all times ended up downloading an empty CSV file. In the event you additionally face the identical downside, you would possibly wish to strive another free personal accounting software.
Instructions for reporting your every day expense:
- exp: Ship this command anytime to Acebot so as to add your expense.
- cancel: Ship this command to Acebot whereas including your expense to cancel including your expense.
- obtain: Ship this command to Acebot to obtain your bills record in CSV file format.
- skip: You may ship this command to skip steps for including money receipt and including particular person.
- ?: Use this command to view all of your earlier bills.
The way to create to-do lists on Slack:
You may create to-do lists in similar means as including bills. You simply need to ship todo command as direct message to Acebot and it’ll once more information you in creating your duties. Numerous operations which you can carry out in your to-do record are ticking, deleting, and shutting a job. It’s also possible to export or obtain your duties lists in CSV file format.
Instructions associated to your Activity:
- todo: Shows all of your duties.
- Add: Add a brand new job.
- Delete: Delete an older job.
- Shut: Change the standing of an job from open to shut.
- Tick: Tick a job as accomplished.
- Obtain: Export your duties in CSV file format.
Including a job:
- Ship todo command to Acebot. It can then show all of your duties.
- Now ship Add command after which enter your job.
- It’s also possible to assign duties to your crew members by typing add @MemberName job and job will likely be assigned to that individual crew member. Acebot will instantly ship job assigned by you to your crew member as direct message on Slack.
- In similar means you possibly can delete, tick, and shut a job.
The way to conduct polls on Slack:
As I discussed earlier, you may also conduct a dwell ballot survey amongst your crew members on Slack. This characteristic is kind of helpful in gathering opinions of your crew members. For making a ballot you simply must ship ballot command as direct message field. Then Acebot will ask you to specify a query on which ballot must be carried out. It then asks you to specify choices for ballot. You may specify all of your choices in a single message separated with commas (not white areas). After that, Acebot makes your ballot dwell and your crew members can take part in that ballot by simply sending ballot as direct message to it. I used to be in a position to create polls and likewise take part in my very own polls, however none of my crew members have been in a position to take part because it didn’t reply.
It’s also possible to conduct polls on Slack channels by sending ballot assign #channel_name command to Acebot. This characteristic additionally didn’t work for me as my crew members weren’t in a position to view ballot in our channel.
Instructions associated to Polls:
- Ballot: Create a brand new ballot or view current ones.
- Ballot cease: Cease a ballot. You can begin a stopped ballot once more.
- Ballot assign #Channel_Name: Assign a ballot to a selected Slack channel.
- Ballot delete: Delete a ballot completely.
- Ballot abstract: Offers you a fast abstract of your Polls.
- Ballot characteristic
: I couldn’t perceive use of this command because it did nothing.
It was an actual enjoyable utilizing this Slack expense tracker because it simply felt like speaking to somebody and asking him to get the job performed for me. I discover it fairly straightforward to make use of as instructions have been quick and easy however generally it turns into fairly boring and time consuming to specify each possibility one after the other. Additionally Acebot was not in a position to comprehend advanced sentences as “$15 for meals day earlier than yesterday” however it makes up for that by letting you specify dates. My crew members weren’t in a position to take part in polls created by me and likewise I at all times ended up downloading an empty CSV file for my bills record. I didn’t got here throughout any downside whereas creating and assigning duties, including and viewing my bills, and creating polls. It is best to positively examine this utility out, possibly these choices give you the results you want.
Get Acebot from here.